Summer is the time of year when many people get the urge to entertain just a little more frequently. Interior design expert and TV personality Genevieve Gorder says the best approach to summer entertaining is to make your space shine with a comfortable, approachable style. Genevieve has partnered with Mirassou Winery® to help brighten up entertaining spaces for sharing good times and making good memories. Try one of her easy entertaining ideas to make your home feel warm and welcoming -- putting your guests at ease as they raise a glass to your hosting skills:
• Create a home bar on any surface of your home. Arrange beautiful wine bottles on a vintage silver or brass tray, add wine glasses and two taper candle holders. With a bit of mood lighting, glassware and beverages, a bar is just that simple and guests know they can pour their own wine.
• Put every surface to use when entertaining large groups, such as stacking coasters on the mantle to expand your typical entertaining space. Add a pop of color so guests know they can use the mantle as a gathering place.
• The next time you have guests over for wine and cheese, create a buffet table that works your guests along the line visually. Start at the highest point with flatware and rolled linen napkins in tall vessels, then use cake tiers for flatbreads and crackers, followed by cutting boards for cheeses and accompaniments at the lowest point in the middle. Move the eye line back up again at the finish with vases of nuts and bottles of wine.
• Don't be afraid to mix elements on your dining table to make your presentation really shine. Think about mixing metals like brass and silver with white glass to create a powerful triad. Then use mismatched plates and chairs to bring a homey and casual feeling to a gathering.
• A fun activity for simple summer entertaining is hosting an at-home wine tasting. Ask guests to bring a bottle of wine from the same region -- such as California -- and then spend the evening trying different wines and learning which you like best.
Copyright© 2017 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission.